Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Secondary Ferment Racking Complete

Tonight I racked the secondary fermenter. I realized when cleaning the primary carboy that I only made about 4.75 gallons of beer initially. I'll probably need to adjust my numbers. I lost some volume due to dead yeast in the bottom of the carboy (flocculation - almost sounds *dirty*).

I did purchase the ingrediants to make Belgian Clouds Wit beer. I am soaking and cleaning tools and hope to get started on the new beer early next week. I have too many other activities with kids happening this week - Science Factory, OEMA Regional conference, and my parents coming to town. Maybe Dad and Mimi will be here for bottling?

Secondary 2/23/05, SG 1.024, 6.3˚Plato, 3.3% Alcohol Potential, 72˚F, Glass Carboy
Taste Notes: Smooth, round, molasses. It actually tastes like the beginnings of enjoyable beer.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?